For most patients, the benefits of dermal fillers can be enhanced by using a medical-grade skincare system, such as Obagi. Products containing Vitamin-C can strengthen the skin and improve laxity and texture. Additionally, use of Retinol Cream helps rebuild cells in the skin’s epidermis (or top layer). Over time, it can strengthen skin, improving firmness and resiliency.
- Do not consume excessive alcohol for 24 hours
- Do not do any aerobic exercise for 24 hours after the procedure
- If you get any bruising do apply ice and arnica cream. Mineral based make up can be applied immediately after the procedure
- If you bruise easily, you may want to take arnica tablets for 1 day before the procedure and for 5 days afterwards.
- If you are prone to cold sores around the mouth, and this is the area which you want to be treated, ask your GP to prescribe zovirax tablets for you, to be taken just before and for a few days after the procedure.
- We will massage the areas treated thoroughly straight after the treatment, but you can do some gentle massage at home over a clean cloth .
- Try to avoid sun beds and saunas for 3-4 days after the procedure.
- If there is anything which is not clear, if you feel that you are getting any side effects or if you are not sure that results have come up to your expectations, do contact us and we can try to address your worries over the phone or arrange a follow up appointment.