Your body is now in a restorative/repair phase, give your body some time to re-adjust. Massage (and Salt Therapy) helps all body systems to function more efficiently, speeding up recovery, waste removal and the elimination of toxins as well as getting rid of negative deep-held emotions. With regular treatments and as a body starts to heal and re-balance, these after-effects will diminish.
Typical responses may include:
- Tiredness due to release of toxins encouraged by the treatment and the initiation of healing energies, which require the body to rest
- Emotional release this healing stage is a normal, positive effect, especially if you have never had a treatment before or if your body is very stressed. You may experience emotions that you have been bottling up or symptoms relating to illness or disease that may have been suppressed with medication.
- Muscular ache and/or headaches the nerve fibers responding to the deep work that has been undertaken during treatment
- Heightened emotional state due to the positive release of deep-held feelings and emotions
- Frequent urination due to stimulation of the lymphatic system
- Runny Nose / coughing this allows your body to get rid of toxins
- Changed sleep patterns you can fall asleep during the treatment, a state of relaxation may help you sleep better
- Active bowels body systems, including the digestive one, will work better
- Spots may occur released toxins and hormones may surface through the skin, especially if you previously suppressed your skin condition
Any symptoms you may experience are absolutely normal and will subside within 24 – 48 hours.
Remember prevention is better than cure. Once you show signs of improvement our LMTs will continue to work with you to maintain harmony and balance. Regular treatments will help to prevent future stress accumulating.
1. Relax for a while after a treatment. Have a bath to continue the relaxation process or listen to soft relaxing music.
2. Give feedback to the therapist about the treatment.
3. Take care when driving home as your reflexes might be slower. You may feel faint or tired.
4. Drink plenty of water, fruit juice or herbal teas. Your body might have been drained of lymphatic waste and toxins which may result in being thirsty and the water will help flush all the waste and toxins away. Water will help the detoxifying process and to rehydrate your body.
5. Pay attention to general posture. Sitting and walking up straight is of importance.
6. Have a nap or rest if you can – it will make the muscles relax and make the massage last longer.
1. Have a heavy meal after a treatment – allow 4-6 hours. Your body is in a healing state and is thus resting – massage stimulates the digestive system and therefore might make you feel nauseous.
2. Drink a lot of caffeine drinks (tea, coffee, red bull) or stimulants – allow 12-24 hours. Alcohol might cause dehydration.
3. Smoke – allow 12-24 hours.
4. Rush around – exercise vigorously – allow a few hours. This will limit the effects of the massage.
5. Ignore your body’s messages. You might feel faint, tired and / or thirsty.