Depending on the medical condition of your skin, one or more coats of OBAGI BLUE PEEL will be applied. During treatment, you will experience a mild burning sensation that lasts 2 to 3 minutes. A bluish tint may remain on your skin and will usually wash off in 12 to 24 hours. Your skin will begin to peel within 2 to 3 days and should be healed in an average of 7 to 10 days. Within 10 days, you should be able to resume normal activity.
Home Care Instructions
Follow your esthetician’s instructions and keep all follow-up appointments.
First 7 to 10 days after the OBAGI BLUE PEEL (or until skin is completely healed) follow this program using the Obagi Nu-Derm system.
• Wash face with Foaming Gel or Gentle Cleanser and tepid water twice a day (AM/PM).
• Apply a mixture of Obagi Action (moisturizer) or Aquaphor and 0.5% hydrocortisone in equal parts 3 to 4 times a day.
• For itching, use hydrocortisone as needed.
Should oozing occur, call Amabella Wellness Spa (386-279-0064). It is also recommended to soak gauze pads in a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and dab the area as needed.
To help achieve optimal results and healing DO NOT PICK, RUB or FORCE OFF SKIN. Avoid the use of extreme facial expressions. Do not over moisturize, keep skin dry. Avoid sun exposure and the use of sunsreens until healing has occurred — wear protective clothing, a hat and sunglasses. Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating. Do not allow water or shampoo to run onto the treated areas while bathing or showering. Sleep on your back. DO NOT WEAR MAKE-UP WHILE THE SKIN IS HEALING. To enhance the results of the OBAGI BLUE PEEL after healing is complete, resume treatment with the Obagi Nu-Derm system.
- Shower and bathe normally but avoid having shampoo or water run onto peeled areas
- Excessive facial expressions should be avoided as well as unnecessary touching of the face, picking or peeling.
- Men can shave gently in one direction, daily, if desired.
- Patients should sleep on their backs for the first few days post peel. You can stay at home during the initial peeling or go to work , as desired.
- Patients should wash their face twice daily with the Nu-Derm cleanser and apply the prescribed moisturisers and ointments
- Avoid exercise and excessive alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for up to 1 month and continue using your Nu-Derm SPF cream.