Now that your Sclerotherapy procedure is complete, you may resume normal activities with only a few exceptions and suggestions.
- If you bruise easily, you may want to take arnica tablets for 1 day before the procedure and for 5 days afterwards.
- Arnica cream and ice can be applied to any areas of bruising after the procedure.
- Avoid saunas, steam baths and sun beds for a few days after the procedure.
- Avoid excessive exercise for 3 days.
- Avoid hot baths for 6 hours afterwards.
- Loose fitting dark trousers are the most comfortable item of clothing to wear immediately after the procedure.
- Try to wear support tights for 2-3 days after the procedure (10 denier from M&S). Please try to bring these to the procedure so that you can wear them straight afterwards.
- It is normal that there may be redness, swollen areas, itching, tenderness and bruising as an immediate result after the procedure. All of these will disappear after 1 week at the most. A soothing cream such as Hypercal can be applied immediately afterwards.
- If there is anything which is not clear, if you feel that you are getting any side effects or if you are not sure that results have come up to your expectations, do contact us and we can try to address your worries over the phone or arrange a follow up appointment.